Lash Extension Frequently Asked Questions
Enjoy your beautiful new Lash Extensions with little need to adjust your lifestyle. Proper care and maintenance of your new lashes will ensure beautiful and long lasting results!
ARE LASH EXTENSIONS SAFE?
The adhesive used is made in the USA.
The lash extension never touches your eyelid.
If you think you may be sensitive, ask for the "sensitive adhesive".
What Are Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash Extensions are a popular service that lengthens and thickens your own natural eyelashes. Lash Extensions are single strands of SOFT hypo-allergenic synthetic eyelashes curved to replicate a natural eyelash. They are applied to each individual eyelash one by one for a natural, beautiful and luscious look. Eyelash extensions are perfect for day to day wear as well as special occasions for longer, thicker, and natural looking eyelashes without the hassles of applying and removing mascara.
How long will a set of eyelash extensions last?
Lash extensions will last the length of the natural growth cycle of your eyelashes. Your natural eyelashes shed every 60 - 90 days due to natural growth cycle and are naturally replaced with the growth of a new eyelash. As your natural lashes shed, the extensions that are attached also shed. Everyone's experience will differ based on day to day activities and density of natural lashes. A touch-up appointment is needed to fill in any lashes that have fallen every 2 - 3 weeks. Lash refills average about 45 to 60 minutes.
Can I apply mascara to Eyelash Extensions?
Yes, oil free mascara can be applied to tips of lashes only. Although, mascara is not really needed since the extensions actually give the illusion of wearing mascara. It must be water based mascara. Ask about special formulated products for lash extensions that can be purchased. DO NOT USE OIL-BASED OR WATERPROOF MASCARA. Waterproof mascara or any type of oil based mascara can dissolve the bonding agent and shorten the life of your eyelash extensions causing them to fall out. Care also needs to be taken in washing off the mascara. Only use an oil-free water based eye makeup remover with a round makeup sponge for best result.
Products are available for purchase at Lash Lady of Franklin.
Can I swim, shower, exercise, or visit a spa while wearing Eyelash Extensions?
Following your initial application, wait 4 hours and then you can get your lashes wet!! Following this time period, the bonding agent is water proof and allows you to shower, swim, exercise, etc. Special care is required but overall maintenance is low. Avoid steam.
How do I take care of my new Eyelash Extensions?
- For 4 hours avoid water, heat, facial services and tanning beds. After 4 hours, resume lifestyle.
- Avoid eye cream or eye serums close to eyes
- Do not rub your eyes
- Only use water based mascara (optional) after 24hrs
- If applying mascara do so just at the tips, avoid root area
- Use water based eye makeup remover (Xtreme Eye makeup remover or Neutrogena Oil Free makeup remover)
- Do not perm lashes
- Do not use mechanical eyelash curler
- Do not pull on lashes (this may cause your natural lashes to come out prematurely)
- Sleep on your back
- Do LIE and say they are yours :)
How long will it take to Apply Eye Lash Extensions and how is it done?
The application process for lash extensions is 2 hours. You will lay comfortably on a facial table with your eyes closed. Your lower lashes will be taped down and a gel eye pad will be applied on top the tape. Your lash stylist Robin, will be seated behind you. You will be asked to close your eyes for the entire application process and you may even fall asleep as many clients do. The synthetic eyelash extensions will be placed one by one, hair by hair. You will open your eyes at the end of the session to a new you. With touch ups every 3 to 4 weeks, you can have amazing eye lashes indefinitely.
Before your appointment:
- Please come to your appointment with clean lashes.
- Shower before your arrival.
- Remove all makeup, including foundation, eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara, eye creams and eye serums.
- Cleanse eye area and eyelashes gently but thoroughly to remove any residual oils or mascara.
- Please take your contacts out for lash service.
- Limit your caffeine intake prior to application.
- During application please turn off the cell phone ringer.
- Limit talking during the lash application, the application time will be slowed down with the movement of facial muscles.
- Once the lash application starts, you need to keep your eyes closed, lay flat and be still until application is over.
- Do not wear contacts to your appointment. Wear glasses instead.
- Please get your lash extension at least one week prior to your special occasion.
The First 24 hours after your appointment:
It takes 8 hours for the adhesive to cure (dry) thoroughly and yield a strong, durable bond. During this time, the adhesive bond is vulnerable to moisture, sweat, excessive heat, cosmetic ingredients coming into contact with the adhesive bond (eye cream), and friction from rubbing and cleaning.
The following activities will result in a weaker bond, premature eyelash loss and / or irritation, and therefore should be avoid during the first 8 hours:
- Exposure to heat, steam, sweat, sauna and friction.
- Application of eye and eyelash cosmetics.
- Sleeping on side or stomach.
- Receiving chemical treatments, such as eyelash tinting or perming.
- Receiving strong chemical peels, skin-resurfacing procedures, or laser treatments.
- Using under eye cream/serum during first 24
- Avoid Tanning bed for 24hrs
Thank you for choosing Lash Lady of Franklin
Payment: CASH or CHECK ONLY
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY 615-349-7289